Why you should start using honey on a regular, if not, daily basis. Not only does honey have natural benefits, it’s healthy, healing and an all natural sweetener.
Top 5 Benefits of Honey
1) It’s Sweet – This natural sweet treat serves as a perfect addition to hot tea, yogurt, bananas, toast, peanut butter, milk and baked goods.
2) It Heals -Pesky Mosquito Bites. Every summer it seems like the mosquitos are on a mission to get me. After a quick google search, I found that honey is a great solution to help in alleviating the itch and stinging sensation. It is sticky when applying, but the healing time is fast and I’ve read that it can also help in preventing infection.
3) Boosts Energy– Have you ever thought about why they say bees are ‘buzzing around’? Dating back all the way to Ancient Olympic times, there are claims that athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time more than other sweeteners.
4) Aids in Coughs & Sickness- If you’re like me and hate the taste of cough syrup, you’ll love taking honey as a way to calm the nerves in your throat that make you cough. It’s thick consistency coats your throat and the sweet taste makes your nerves less sensitive. Nothing is better than hot tea with a spoonful (or two) of honey. It has such calming and soothing effects. Try buckwheat honey the next time you feel ill.
5) Beautiful Skin & Conditioned Hair-The anti-bacterial qualities of honey can be used for natural and at home remedies to moisturize your skin and nourish the ends of your hair. For a powerful home beauty treatment for which you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen, read Honey Hair Treatments for Dry and Damaged Hair.
Honey Suggestions: If you want to get the most goodness from your honey, make sure it is pure and raw. Raw honey contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes not present in refined honey. Also try to find a local farmer or honey maker in your town or neighborhood to provide you with your honey supply.
If you have any honey recipes that you think are bee-nificial, please leave them in the comments section below.