HOF Lady of the House, Janine, shows us how to make adorably useful DIY Chalk Paint Storage Jars…
Now that our household is predominately Paleo (that means mostly Paleo, yes I know there is rice in this picture, calm down Paleo Police), we buy a lot of our groceries in bulk. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a huge fan of plastic bags and plastic containers all throughout my pantry. It starts to look cluttered very quickly. So I decided to use canning jars and other random glass jars I’ve collected and recycled to store our bulk ingredients. This was a cheap and cute alternative to buying a bunch of storage bins.
• Recycled jars with matching lids
• Spray Paint Primer
• Chalk Spray Paint
• Old Box or something to spray on top of
• Latex gloves (the chalk spray paint I used was extremely drippy, not fun to get off)
1. Clean jars and lids and let dry completely.
2. Line lids up on top of box, and spray with Primer. I used two thin coats. Let dry.
3. Spray with Chalk paint. I used three coats. Allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat.