When I first started looking into natural alternatives for things like deodorant and lotion, I kept running into recipes with the main ingredient of coconut oil. It was in everything, and the more I researched and experimented with the wonders of coconut oil, I found out just how amazing and versatile this product actually is. I now keep a jar in the kitchen and a jar in the bathroom for all my coconut oil needs.
- Body Lotion– Coconut Oil keeps your skin super moisturized while giving it a healthy shine.
- Face Lotion– I know what you’re thinking, won’t that make my face oily and start to break out? Not at all. Since I’ve started using coconut oil as my face lotion I rarely get pimples anymore. Simply apply and let absorb into your face. If you’re in a hurry to apply makeup and go. Just pat off any excess with a towel and you’re good to go.
- Shaving cream– You wouldn’t believe all of the horrible ingredients in shaving cream that you’re allowing to seep into your pores during a hot shower. Substitute coconut oil and your legs will come out silky smooth and moisturized.
- Hair Mask– Dry hair and split ends can make your hair feel trashy, but with a little coconut oil hair mask, you’ll be giving those limp locks a shiny boost.
- Sunburn Remedy– While some swear by aloe, coconut oil will also help relieve the pain of a sunburn.
- Cooking– This may sound pretty general, but I use coconut oil for everything from frying an egg to adding a scoop to a smoothie for added energy.
- Seasoning Cast Iron Cookware– Just apply to your cast iron pots and pans at a medium heat after cleaning.