Paleo Taco Salad with Avocado-Lime Cilantro Dressing
For those of us obsessed with Mexican food, but trying to keep Paleo, this recipe is sure to please. It’s everything you love without the tortilla. The avocado-lime cilantro dressing gives it a tangy zing and the taco meat will keep you full throughout the day.
For the Meat:
- 1 lb Ground Beef (preferably grass fed)
- Taco Seasoning (I use the Trader Joe’s brand, nothing but spices)
- 1 Small Diced Onion
- For the Salad:
- Leafy Salad Greens (I like spinach and kale mixed)
- Diced Red Onion
- Diced Tomatoess
- Salsa (make sure it doesn’t have sugar)
- Cilantro to garnish
For the Dressing:
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 4 TBSP Water
- 3 TBSP Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Fresh Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook ground beef, onion, and taco seasoning in skillet until cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- Blend all of your dressing ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare your salad to your tastes; greens, tomatoes, onions, meat, salsa, dressing, and cilantro to garnish. Any way you want to mix it!