All-Natural Lip Balm Mini Gifts Handmade by Janine
I always try to hand out little home-made gifts around the holidays. These little tins of all natural lip balm were not only extremely easy to make, but also made the perfect mini gift to hand out with our Christmas cards. People raved about how much they loved the sweet orange flavor or the cool feeling of the peppermint that helped numb their chapped lips.
• ½ cup Coconut Oil
• 3 Tablespoons Beeswax (I got mine from The Natural Way store, but you can find it online if you don’t have a supplier close to home)
• 1 ½ Tablespoons Raw Honey
• 50 drops essential oil (I made one batch with Sweet Orange and another with Peppermint)
• 25 small containers (I used these, but they will melt if left in your pocket or a warm place so I recommend something with a sealed lid)
1. Melt Coconut Oil, Beeswax, and Raw Honey in a double boiler over the stove
2. Stir until all ingredients are melted, don’t be alarmed if you can’t get the honey to mix entirely with the other ingredients. Remove from heat, and add essential oil.
3. Line up containers over an easy to clean surface, which can be easily poured over.
4. Pour liquid into containers until they are halfway full, then go back and fill the containers the rest of the way up. I did this so that the honey that tends to stay on the bottom then gets incorporated on the second half.
5. Let cool.
6. Slide lids on and give out to all your lucky family and friends.