It was one of my best friends Birthdays this past week so I decided to make her a framed chalk board.
I had some open frames from a thrift store awhile back and decided to spray paint it a slate gray and then cut a piece of wood painted with chalkboard paint to fill the frame. Easy and inexpensive at home project that anyone can do using a few items that you probably have at home.
What you need:
- Spray Paint for easy coverage (or you could make it more detailed with hand painting)
- Chalkboard Spray paint
- Custom cut wood (make sure it’s wood that already has a seal on it to avoid water damage) OR if you already have glass or a wood backing for the frame you can also use that.
- Picture backings to hold the wood in the frame.
- Hammer and flat head screwdriver
- A good quote and ribbon to customize your gift.
1st: Paint your frame and your board; let dry
2nd: Place the frame upside down on a rug or carpet to avoid dings or dents from hammering and place painted chalkboard in frame.
3rd: Using the flat head screw driver place the picture backings up against the back of the chalkboard into the inside of the frame; hammer in the backings. Space them 4 or 5 inches apart all the way around.