Five Ingredient Favorite: Caprese Salad is fresh n’ healthy, easy to make and can be an appetizer or a meal. You can whip this up very easily in 10 minutes (chopping included) and it looks absolutely beautiful when plated. Whether you’re sharing it with friends as an appetizer or making a special meal for yourself, you will always feel like you’re treating yourself well with this Five Ingredient Favorite.
- One tomato
- One small ball of fresh mozzarella
- A handful of fresh basil leaves (whole)
- Balsamic Glaze
- Olive Oil
- Chop up one tomato into semi-thin slices
- Cut fresh mozzarella into thin discs and lay on top of each tomato slice
- Lay a fresh basil leaf atop each mozzarella piece on the tomato slices
- For these next steps, you can buy balsamic at the store…or I prefer to whip up my home home batch. And it goes a little something like this…
- Pour 2 tbsp. balsamic glaze into a ramekin
- Add 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Whisk with a fork until it’s blended
- Pour over your prepared tomatoes
Enjoy this delicious, semi-guilt-free meal! You only need five ingredients and a little more than five minutes!