Homemade Laundry Detergent
My family is notorious for having very sensitive skin. Everyday products like soap, deodorant, and laundry detergent can cause rashes and bumpy irritated skin, which is not only unattractive, but itchy and painful. Not fun. Laundry detergent especially can be both expensive and full of fragrances and chemicals, so I decided to find a cheap easy alternative that would be kind to my snobby skin.
handmade by Janine
• 1 bar Fels∙Naptha Soap (found in the laundry detergent aisle of some, not all stores)
• 1 cup Borax (found in laundry aisle)
• 1 cup Washing Soda (also found in laundry aisle)
• ½ cup Baking Soda (optional)
• Cheese Grater
• Blender (I use the little Magic Bullet blender)
• Measuring Cup
• Storage Container
• Small scoop (approximately 2 tablespoon size)
I use one scoop or approximately 2 tablespoons per load of laundry. It’s best to add the detergent to the water before adding the clothes, thus giving the detergent a chance to dissolve. I’ve been using this detergent for a few months now, and I absolutely love the fresh scent, cheap price, and bump-free skin.