Buckeyes Sporty Recipe- Made Especially on Game Days
OH- IO, yes I’m from Ohio. There is a small little school called The Ohio State University, home of the buckeyes. Well I’m not going to talk about football or basketball— I’m going to let you in on how to make delicious buckeye treats. For all of your who love chocolate and peanut butter this is all for you! (PS. real buckeyes are nuts that grow on trees- this little nuggets are not nuts that fell from trees although they do taste like they fell from heaven!)
- 4 cups Confections Powered Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners’ sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 1 inch dough balls. (make sure the balls are not to large they will be hard to dip into the chocolate)Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3. Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.