For Mushroom lovers this pasta is absolutely De’lish. It satisfies the need for a really great creamy pasta entrée. The recipe calls for a variety of mushrooms. I chose to use shitake, oyster, and portabella and it turned out fantastic. It serves around six and makes for a great dinner party entrée due to its quick turnaround time.
handmade by Janine
• 1 pound Rigatoni
• 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
• 3 Shallots, minced
• 2 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 pound assorted Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
• ½ cup White Wine
• ½ cup Vegetable Stock
• 1 cup (8 ounces) Mascarpone Cheese, at room temperature
• ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese
• ½ cup fresh Chives, chopped
• Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Cook Rigatoni until it’s tender, yet still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally around 8-10 minutes.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallots to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, approximately 2 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms to the pan and season with salt and pepper again. Cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally around 5-7 minutes.
4. Turn the heat to high and add in the wine. Cook for 3 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add the vegetable stock and simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced.
6. Remove from heat, and add the mascarpone cheese, stirring until creamy.
7. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water, and transfer to a serving bowl.
8. Add the mushroom mixture to the pasta.
9. Stir in the parmesan cheese, and toss to coat (add some of the excess pasta water if pasta sticks together).
10. Garnish with the chives and serve immediately.