My idea of a quick breakfast before running out the door to take the kiddo to school is a fruit, yogurt, and granola parfait. He likes the extra crunch the granola brings to his parfait and I like the added protein the nuts give him. However, the problem with most granolas you get out of a box at the supermarket is that they’re laden with sugar and are extremely high in calories. What’s funny is that granola is actually super easy to make.
handmade by Janine
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Melt the peanut butter and agave nectar in a medium pot (stirring constantly).
3. Stir in the apple sauce and remove from heat.
4. Mix in the oats and trail mix, stirring till well combined.
5. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 25 minutes.
For a quick an easy breakfast parfait…
1. Spread granola at the bottom of a bowl.
2. Add sliced fruit (I like apples and bananas).
3. Top with Greek yogurt.
4. Sprinkle with Granola.
For a dessert parfait I’ll add a spoonful of Nutella or a little peanut butter and honey.